Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Dinner Rocked!

I made the best steak ever! (I totally copied The Pioneer Woman! I think she's my kindred spirit!)

I marinated a flank steak in a concoction of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and ginger, a few spoonfuls of brown sugar, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. It was delicious! I wanted to lick my plate clean!

THEN Irving brought over THE BEST potatoes au gratin. I tell ya, I couldn't decide which one I liked better, but I definitely overstuffed myself trying to decide! The spinach salad on the side simply faded in comparison.

Have I ever mentioned that I love food???

4 comments:

shaybert said...

Better than the one you fixed here?

Ynaffit said...

Yes, even better.... More teryaki, less soy sauce!!! And it was just plain ol' medium, instead of medium-well! And Irv-meister made the most delicious poatatoes au gratin... Lots of cream. LOTS of garlic...... Mmmmm

Mama V said...

... Ah! so we are even more alike than I thought! 3 words...

I
LIKE
FOOD

I can't wait to try the steak recipe! My mouth is watering!!!

Ynaffit said...

Dear Vanessa,
I shall confirm or similarities in 4 words:

I LIKE FOOD, TOO!!!!!