Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am a LITTLE bit behind!!!

My mama flew in to town and took us to NYC for a Broadway show (and to celebrate Nicole's bday!)! We saw Phantom and it was AWESOME! I feel an entirely new draw to the city, a new craving that needs to be satisfied!
....Not that I ever wanna give up this new endeavor! We enjoyed a classy Starbuck's breakfast right before we headed to the theatre.


We also went to Alice's Tea Cup. Last time we went to the city with Myra, she took us here and I LOVED it! It seems Nana enjoyed it, too! We had tea, peach for me, I don't remember what Nana had, sandwiches (BLT with Bleu cheese!!! To DIE for! Nana had something curried.), scones, and dessert cookies! It was delicious. Nicole had her own ginger tea, sandwiches, and scones, too. The doc had something great, but mine was better ;)


Our hotel was awesome! We stayed at the W. It was beautiful, pristine, modern, and classy. Their decor theme was 'water' or something like that!!! Down the elevators and into the street, it was awesome!

There was a street fair right in front of us. My favorite sight at that point was the smoothie bar! I just wanted to eat all of the produce!

The day we were leaving the city, we walked through central park and it started pouring! The city was under flood watch! We made it halfway through and found a 'shelter.' Once we finally made it through the park, we decided to take a carriage ride all the way through the park again! We were a little soggy by then ;)
But memories are memories!!!

We also visited the library. It's the scene of one of my favorite movies! But I loved the detailed marble-work and the endless books and the HISTORY inside!

I could have spent all day in the library! (But we were headed out of town!)

P.S. I finally met up with my sweet friend Ange! I haven't seen her since 1993! It was fun, introducing her to family, catching up, discussing dreams and future plans.... And reminiscing about old friends! I think that hanging out with her was the best part

No comments: