Monday, July 20, 2009

Snack of the Day



I made my first batch of granola today! And the 2nd... And the 3rd... And the 4th... And the 5th!!! It was delicious! I decided to throw in a handful of raisins in the last batch and it was really yummy!


The theme of this week is Kitchen Chemistry. Our first art project this week was an experiment to find out which ingredient was in the paint! Red paint had flour, Orange paint had salt, yellow paint had sand (mmmm, NOT an ingredient!), and pink paint had dish soap in it (ALSO not an ingredient, but definitely used in the kitchen!) The kids had fun painting with various substances!

We also went to the fair this weekend. Military days! With our Military ID, we got into the fair for FREE, plus a discount on the ride-armbands! We had a blast! Nicole had her face painted and my kiddos had a great time!

We were going to go out to dinner with a friend tonight, but she forgot, so we saved some money and had dinner at home! A DELICIOUS dinner! I thought I'd make grilled chicken Caesar salad, but I had no Caesar dressing. I coated the chicken with a poppy seed dressing, put it over lettuce, and topped it with bleu cheese, shaved parmesan, and grape tomatoes! Plus a side of fresh baguette! It was delicious!!! My palette is ever bored!

No comments: